Now that restrictions are starting to lift we are delighted to invite people back to the brewery to enjoy a drink in our Summer Bar and have introduced a new tour package for this summer.
Whilst we still can't invite people into the brewery, we will start to run Hop Garden tours throughout weekends in July & August. They will be conducted in groups of 12 alongside one of our fantastic & knowledgeable tour guides. You will learn about Surrey's hop heritage and get the chance to visit our very own hop garden and, of course, sample beers from our range, all of which are brewed with hops grown in our garden.
The tours will run between Friday 17th July and Sunday 30th August and run at the following times:
- Fridays, 5pm - 6.30pm & 7pm - 8.30pm
- Saturdays, 3pm - 4.30pm & 5pm - 6.30pm
- Sundays, 12pm - 1.30pm & 2pm - 3.30pm
Booking will open to the public on Friday 10th July once people who have been booked onto a postponed brewery tour this year have had the first chance to re-arrange and visit the garden this summer. As per our brewery tours we ask that all attendees are over 18.
If you have a Brewery tour voucher that you have been waiting to use, you will be able to redeem it on a garden tour or can keep waiting until we open brewery tours again at a later point. To help with that, we have extended the expiry date on all issued tour vouchers by an additional six months.
We trialed the tours earlier this week with members of the Tongham TEA Club to make sure they run smoothly and to get their feedback - many of the volunteers had previously helped out in our hop garden so could make some very helpful suggestions!
Visitor safety is very important to us. We have limited numbers to make sure that everyone can spread out and keep to the 1m+ guidelines whilst still being able to hear and enjoy the content of the tour. On the Friday and Saturday evening tours, we will also reserve a few tables in the Summer Bar so those who wish to stay and enjoy an extra few drinks following the tour can do so.
5 Facts about the Hop Garden
- This is actually our second Hop Garden at Manor Farm. We had 4 harvests from our first 3.5 acre revival hop garden between 2015-2018 before we moved to the new 8.5 acre site
- We grow three varieties of hops, Fuggles, English Cascade and Farnham White Bine which you won't find in any other hop garden in the world!
- The garden framework is made with 10km of wire and over 100 miles of string (which is cut down and replaced each year)
- At the height of summer, hop plants can grow at a speed of 2 inches a day
- When the garden reaches its full yield, we expect our harvest to fulfill 50% of our total hop requirement