Hogs Back A over T featured at Beer & Breakfast tasting
Beer and women forum Dea Latis ran its popular annual ‘Beers with Breakfast’ tasting, this year held at Kings Stores, a Greene King pub near Spitalfields Market in London. Guests, including brewers, journalists, marketeers and enjoyed a five course breakfast, with each dish matched to a different beer.
Our bottled ale A over T - Aromas over Tongham
- was cleverly paired with a vegetarian sausage sandwich and introduced by beer expert, Annabel Smith. This 9% ABV barley wine with rich, complex flavours of sultanas, orange peel and plums, perfectly complemented the meat-free breakfast, providing the richness and caramelised flavours that would normally be found in a pork sausage sandwich.
The beer and breakfast matches were:
- Granola with yoghurt and fruit - With Fourpure Oatmeal Stout
- Avocado and bacon on sourdough - With Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA
- Chorizo bubble & squeak - With Lagunitas IPA
- Vegetarian sausage - With Hogs Back Brewery A over T
- French toast with fruit - With Liefmans Kriek Brut
Ros Shiel from Dea Latis said, “Beer & Breakfast is always our most popular event of the year. It’s a great way of bringing together the latest tastes in two fast-changing sectors: who’d have thought that avocado would become a staple ingredient of so many breakfast menus, or that we would have around 1,700 brewers in the UK?
“Our tastings are about trying new beers, exploring beer and food pairing possibilities and enjoying the company of other beer-loving women. We’re grateful to all the brewers who donated beers and their time to talk to our guests.”
Perfect for Christmas, Hogs Back A over T is available to buy online
, or in our Brewery shop
where you'll also find draught ales in a range of sizes and the widest selection of bottled beers for many miles around, from specialist Christmas beers to brews from further afield in Belgian Beer Corner and an extensive US craft beer range.
The 'Beers with Breakfast' event was the sixth pre-Christmas Beers with Breakfast tasting from Dea Latis, who have also paired beers with cheese, chocolate and tapas. For more information about Dea Latis go to: dealatis.org.uk